Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Candle

More random thoughts from my notebook. Please remember some of these were written when I was 13 and 14 years old. What can i say? I am a passionate person that expresses my feelings well. Dont try to guess who this is about. I can assure you that you will guess wrong.

P.S. *** I cant help what my mind comes up with*****



The candle

Have you ever watched a candle burn
from start to end?
It starts out strong and bright....
warm and glowing
but the closer it gets to the end
the warmth wears off
and it struggles to stay strong
the flame slowly diminishes
and the brightness begins to dim
A few loud crackles and pops
and finally its all over
JUST LIKE THAT
If you want to know how I feel today
this is it. This is how I feel about you
this is how I feel about us
And tomorrow???
Do we light another candle?
Or just let it be?
I am tired of struggling to stay strong.
I am sick of feeling cold all the time.
I am tired of fighting to keep it alive.
I am sick of watching candles burn.
I'll stick to the sunshine.

No comments: